From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something is pulling in gnome-base
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:01:32
1 On Wednesday 11 Dec 2013 21:04:00 Mick wrote:
2
3 > Let me get this right, if I set 'kde-base/kdeutils-meta -cups' I will still
4 > be able to print from kde applications?
5
6 Here, the K menu item "Manage Printing" opens a CUPS web page, specifically
7 localhost:631. It's a bog-standard CUPS interface, with no need of KDE
8 complications. There's no printer entry in system settings. I often print a
9 spreadsheet from LibreOffice without problems.
10
11 So yes, other things being equal, you will. In any case, why not try it and
12 see? You can revert easily enough if you hit a problem.
15 Regards
16 Peter