From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Assistance if possible
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:58:32
1 On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:15:10 -0400
2 Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > All of you guys that are more experienced and technical than I am will
7 > probably laugh at me. However ....
8 >
9 > Today, I wanted to update my computer. I got all kinds of messages
10 > related to kde stuff. One my one, I unmerged the offending packages
11 > and added the line to my package.keywords file so that an upgrade of a
12 > package masked by keyword would be installed.
13 >
14 > However, activitymanager can't be reinstalled because there isn't an
15 > upgrade to 4.8.1. Since I went about things the way I did, I can't
16 > get this package installed because everything else is upgraded to
17 > 4.8.1 and activitymanager's latest version is 4.7.4.
18
19 I believe activitymanager is now part of kactivities.
20
21 So just unmerge activitymanager and let the ebuilds figure it out.
22
23 You probably have activitymanager in world so portage tries to
24 explicitly pull it in.
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com