From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:58:15
1 Jakob Buchgraber wrote:
2 > Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I just reinstalled everything and Firefox takes about 3-5 mins to
6 >> load the first time. After that it is very fast. Does anyone have an
7 >> idea as of why this is happening? I tried deleting my ~/.mozilla
8 >> directory but that doesn't help. This is not the firefox binary
9 >> ebuild/install but the regular ebuild.
10 >>
11 >> Thank you,
12 >> Gabriel
13 > Hey!
14 >
15 > Try starting firefox in the shell and paste the output you get. I had
16 > a similar problem as firefox couldn't load some libs properly.
17 >
18 > Best Regards Jay
19
20 I get no errors, just the usual : "No running windows found" msg.
21
22 Thanks, best regards,
23 Gabriel
24 --