From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages from gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:57:28
1 On 1/13/20 5:24 PM, (Nuno Silva) wrote:
2 > On 2020-01-13, james wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 1/13/20 11:32 AM, gentoo-user+owner@l.g.o wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
7 >>> message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
8 >>> information.
9 >>>
10 >>> Here is the list of the bounced messages:
11 >>> - 189231
12 >
13 > How does one get to the message from that number? Is it possible to get
14 > an URL to the archived copy at http://archives.gentoo.org/ using that
15 > number?
16 >
17 >> Anyone else getting these?
18 >
19 > It might just be the DMARC policy thing again.
20 >
21 > Here's a thread from last October/November about a similar message:
22 > https://marc.info/?t=157253734300001
26 It's my list emails, where I start a new subject. Usually, I can reply
27 to an existing thread without issue.
28
29 I've read this and still do not know what *I* need to do to fix this, or
30 implement a workaround. I use thunderbird-(Installed versions: 68.4.1).
33 So some explicit pathways to a solution/workaround would be appreciated.
34 I also have a "free" limited/restricted email address::
35 'dtfrag@××××××××××.com' not sure if using this address would fix
36 things. The nice thing about 'thunderbird'
37 is I have a vast amount of saved emails, and it has worked flawlessly,
38 until these bounced messages started this year.
39
40 I've read through that aforementioned thread, but, being old and slow, I
41 did not see a fix for me. Perhaps gentoo runs a mail server, if I setup
42 with proxy-maintainer?
43
44 I was trying to post a new about MESOS 'A distributed systems kernel'.
45 Back in 2015 I have a working EAPI-5 gentoo ebuild, which I have
46 locally. Upgraded to
47 Mesos-1.9.0 via EAPI 7(or ?) was the guidance I was looking for.
48
49 So can I get a gentoo-rookie-proxy mail server access?
50 I'm quite certain *MY* issues are due to how Verizon
51 administers the mail services. Often, when I fire up Thunderbird, it
52 pucks for a few hours, then starts working with repetitive sends and
53 pulls. I guess it finally reverts back to something that works for
54 Thunderbird. I've been using thunderbird for a very, very long time and
55 have little desire to stop using thunderbird, as my main email system.
56 Now setting up
57 an easy-to-admin mail system(s) that is thunderbird friendly; I'm all
58 ears. I may be getting a single static IP, to facilitate just that, from
59 Verizon or ?.
62 Any help via this list or direct is most appreciated.
63
64 James