From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another old box to update
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 13:35:58
1 Am 07.01.2015 um 14:28 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> openrc should be seamless. I forget the exact timelines, but IIRC you
5 >> will also hit baselayout-2 migration. That one was very smooth and well
6 >> documented so you shouldn't have much trouble.
9 > If it is already running openrc then he is past that migration.
10
11 I have it merged now ... but I haven't yet booted using it and won't be
12 until jan. 20th according to the plans.
13
14 I was informed that the amanda backup threw an error after the first
15 updates (I did basic stuff like portage, glib and gcc a few days ago) so
16 I was forced to repair that today ... and this lead to my current work
17 session.
18
19 btw amanda works already ;-)
20
21 > If it isn't, then it isn't exactly seamless. You might want to give
22 > thought in that case to whether long-term you want to be on openrc or
23 > systemd. It is probably as much work to migrate to either. However,
24 > I suspect that you're already on openrc in which case I wouldn't try
25 > to throw a change like that into the mix - you'll be lucky enough to
26 > get the thing to boot keeping things the same.
27
28 I won't go systemd there with the current installation.
29 Rather reinstall as mentioned ... the current system is still 32bit!
30
31 S