From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ABI change in gcc 3.4 -> gcc 4.1 transition
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:32:04
1 On 10/21/06, Pawe³ Kamiñski <Pawel.Kaminski@××××××.fm> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I'm obliged in my work to use closed source LabView 8.0 commercial
5 > binary package. It's very important for me to know if after upgrade
6 > gcc from my current 3.4.6 version to 4.1.1 LabView will run. There is
7 > ABI change betwen gcc 3.4.6 <-> 4.1.1 versions and it's not clear for
8 > me if gcc upgrade not damage LabView.
9
10 It's possible, run ldd against the LabView binaries to see what, if
11 any, version of libstdc++ they link against. But the worst case is
12 that you would need to keep 3.4.6 installed and do an LD_LIBRARY_PATH
13 trick when running LabView to force it to use the old libstdc++.
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list