From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stale Samba in Portage
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:05:32
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 07:14 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >>ACCEPT_KEYWORDS='~x86' emerge samba -s
7 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS done on the command line is a very poor idea,
8 > use /etc/portage/package.use instead.
9 >
10 > I forget the specifics, but I have seen a system run into serious
11 > problems and library screwups over that.
14 I was thinking the same thing, except I suppose it's not so bad you are only using it for searching (emerge -s).
15
16 The problem with using things like USE and ACCEPT_KEYWORDS directly on the command line is that the next time you go to upgrade that package or do "emerge -u world", Your package specific USE and ACCEPT_KEYWORDS settings will have been forgotten. You can make them persistent if you keep them in package.use and package.keywords.
17
18 Zac
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list