From: Robert Crawford <flacycads@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kde version
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:03:51
1 On Mon November 21 2005 1:33 pm, Thiago Lüttig wrote:
2 > Hi folks !
3 > I upgrade my gentoo every day, and when I try to upgrade the kde, the
4 > portage always display the last version of kde as 3.4.1. But newer versions
5 > of kde has been launched (3.4.3). What´s the reason of this late version
6 > still remains in the portage list ??
7 >
8 > ______________________________
9 >
10 > Atenciosamente,
11 > Thiago Lüttig
12
13 You need to learn about masking in portage. Type in man:portage in a konqueror
14 address bar, and look at all the options for setting up your /etc/portage
15 directory files. The settings in these files will overide /etc/make.conf
16
17 That way, you'll be able to emerge stuff that's in ~x86 in addition to x86
18 (so-called "stable." It's common that the newest kde releases won't make it
19 into x86 right away, so you need to "unmask" and "keyword" them. They almost
20 always work fine. for example, I've been running kde 3.5 betas and rc1for
21 many weeks- no problems. But, I'm pure ~x86 (in make.conf) anyway, so I
22 always have the latest packages show up in my emerge -uD system or world.
23
24 Robert Crawford
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list