From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] gnome-shell is cool (and how to move my current user)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:07:13
1 On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:54:13 -0800
2 Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > So then, what's the *best way* to (re-) set my current user to get the
5 > goodness of a brand new gnome profile, but none of the hassle of
6 > reconfiguring all my apps? ;-)
7 >
8 > I see moving my /home folder to something else, deleting me, adding me
9 > back, with new /home and my groups... then moving a few very
10 > configured apps .configs over, but I thought there *might* be a sure
11 > way that would be easier...
14 Of course, I couldn't wait. User is all set and I'm obviously no linux
15 sysadmin... or whatever.
16
17 Problem with slowness using gnome-shell was caused by user being in the
18 'video' group. Hmm. Not entirely needed, I guess. Can't say what's up
19 with that.
20
21 Anyway, I might stick with this, be ahead of the curve, or suffer
22 needlessly, for a bit. Nice to know I worked on documenting a fix for
23 vertical gnome-panels, but may not need it now...
24
25 Sorry for the noise.
26
27 Cheers,