From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Torrent with dynamics throttles
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:50:25
1 Am 13.08.2011 17:57, schrieb Daniel Hilst Selli:
2 > I was wondering about torrents, here is the case
3 >
4 > I love to download stuff through torrents.. so there is aways a client
5 > downloading/uploading something.
6 >
7 > When I want to use my band I just set torrents limits, so youtube videos
8 > charges fast, and sites load fast too. When I go away I first unset the
9 > limits, so my torrents go to full speed again.
10 >
11 > This set/unset is boring.. Is there any way to dynamic set my torrents
12 > limits, so when I'm using internet it frees some bandwidth to me, and
13 > when I stop to use it goes full speed again?? Is there any torrent
14 > client with that feature? If not, is this implementable?
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance!
19 This is something that should (must?) be done with traffic shaping. I
20 recommend shorewall. See
21 http://shorewall.net/traffic_shaping.htm
22
23 Regards,