From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which cd player plays copy-controlled cd's?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:44:33
1 On Sunday 16 July 2006 09:46, Harald Arnesen wrote:
2 > > Does someone know which of the dozens of cd-players for gentoo
3 > > is able to play copy-controlled cd's (the cd's that install a
4 > > player first under Windows).
5 > > My discman can play them, my home audioset can play them so
6 > > i guess there must be a cdplayer for gentoo that can do it.
7 > > Xmms and xine won't.
8 >
9 > cdparanoia and cdrdao can rip most of these non-CDs, so you can burn
10 > working copy..
11
12 Yep, just turn down, or off, the error checking (or paranoia level).
13 Copy protected CDs are just CDs with errors intentionally put in. Ignore the
14 errors, get the music.
17 Mike Williams
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list