From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Progress bar for cp? (was:[gentoo-user] PATH error?)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:57:55
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 01:40, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 11/20/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I was trying to remember what -g stood for and just confirmed my
4 > > suspicion why a progress bar is no longer being displayed. What's the
5 > > current equivalent (why was -g taken out)?
6 >
7 > There is no equivalent...the progress bar was a gentoo-specific patch
8 > that was rejected by upstream, so it got dropped.
9
10 I liked that thing! Wouldn't it be possible to make a USE flag to apply that
11 patch? Does it really HAVE to be accepted upstream for us Gentoo users to use
12 it?
13
14 --
16 Mrugesh Karnik