From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] return of SOD
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:11:51
1 On 11/14/09, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu> wrote:
2 > Maxim Wexler wrote:
3 >> Anybody guess what's happening here?
6 > Well, it is just a guess but, from what you have said, it
7 > sounds like either a problem with the video driver or
8 > a hardware problem. :(
11 hmm, ran #emerge -pv xf86-intel-driver and it came back with [ebuild
12 ud]. Portage wanted to downgrade 2.9.1 with 2.8.1, so I did. IIRC I
13 upgraded to 2.9.1 to fix another video problem. Or, maybe it was the
14 same one. I'll have to look over my history to be sure.
15
16 Meanwhile, I'll wait and see; the problem was intermittant; sometimes
17 the SOD appeared in a few minutes, sometimes it took days.
18
19 mw