From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again - problem on installing Gentoo (Gentoo started)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:14:54
1 On Wednesday 06 September 2006 03:12, Stephen Liu wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Fruther to my late posting, now Gentoo started finally, but
5 > still having problem on mounting Logcial Volumes;
6 > /dev/vg/usr
7 > /dev/vg/home
8 > etc.
9
10 Your previous mail stated that you did not emerge lvm2.
11 However, /dev/vg/usr IS a logical volume so it will never work
12 until you install the lvm2 software.
13
14 Look Stephen, throughout this thread several people have asked
15 you if you followed the relevant howtos and your replies were
16 mostly, um, evasive. The errors you are making are elementary -
17 wrong file names, trying to use a facility that has not been
18 installed, etc. So I earnestly recommend you go back to the
19 howto on the wiki, and follow the instructions EXACTLY, without
20 trying to tweak stuff and be different. Once it's working, then
21 you can tweak it.
22
23 alan
24 --