From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken ping reply after 30secs
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:37:11
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 03:52:30 +0100
4 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > It suddenly disappeared after putting down and reconfiguring
7 > the eth interface (diretly w/ ifconfig). Then I remembered
8 > I've put an "ifconfig eth0 up" into crontab, since it
9 > sometimes disappeared. Now I've replaced it with a little
10 > script which puts the interface down and reconfigures/
11 > brings it up again.
12 >
13 > Smells like a bug ...
14
15 Smells like a driver/interrupt routing problem. Did you try
16 conservative kernel configuration, i.e. disabling MSI and/or APIC
17 (kernel command line "nomsi", "noapic", "nolapic")?
18
19 -hwh
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list