From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drive RPMs and data speed.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:50:23
1 On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Am Freitag 28 Oktober 2011, 08:53:40 schrieb Mark Knecht:
4 >> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Paul Hartman
5 >>
6 >> <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >> >> Amazon streams now but I haven't tried them yet. (Watch out for 'One
9 >> >> Touch' and accidentally spending money...)
10 >> >
11 >> > Amazon streaming works fine in Linux (I've tried it), it just uses the
12 >> > plain old Adobe Flash plug-in.
13 >>
14 >> Therein apparently lies the problem for me. Adobe Flash no longer
15 >> works on my machine since adding a second video card. I just tried
16 >> Amazon in Firefox 7 and it just sits doing nothing.
17 >>
18 >> I _think_ this is related to using Xinerama on KDE but when I posted
19 >> questions here (twice) I got no responses so it seems few people are
20 >> doing this. For my futures trading I need 3 or 4 monitors and I
21 >> couldn't make sense out of using X without Xinerama so I seem stuck,
22 >> at least native in Gentoo. I suspect it's fine in a Windows VM but
23 >> I've got Jimmy Kimmel running at the moment so I'll test that later.
24 >>
25 >> I REALLY, REALLY miss having all the OpenGL stuff you get with KDE. I
26 >> had it with one Nvidia card but not with two...
27 >>
28 >> - Mark
29 >
30 > you don't need xinerama for multi-monitor setups.
33 Volker,
34 I understand that but I'm wondering if you read my post? I stated
35 'I couldn't make sense out of using X without Xinerama'.
36
37 If you're interested in discussing multiple graphic card,
38 multi-monitor setups then I'd be more than willing to start another
39 thread. However that discussion doesn't belong in a thread entitled
40 "Hard drive RPMs and data speed".
41
42 - Mark