From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Get rid of "hal"
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:47:32
1 On Tuesday 19 Jul 2011 11:34:27 Alain DIDIERJEAN wrote:
2 > emerge -uDp returns
3 >
4 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/hal ("sys-apps/hal" is blocking
5 > sys-power/upower-0.9.12)
6 >
7 > does that mean I can open the pod bay door and send hal where it belongs,
8 > outer space ? Any special process to be observed or emerge --unmerge hal
9 > will do it (I have a tested xorg.conf ready) ?
10
11 Have a quick look at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde44-46-
12 upgrade.xml (whether you use KDE or not). It has some useful advice on
13 purging your system from HAL and replacing it with udev.
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick