From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the /dev/* entry for my DVD drive?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:36:30
1 On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:10:02AM +0200, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, gentoo.
3 >
4 > I want to mount a CD rom in my SATA DVD drive. Having inserted the CD
5 > into the drive, I can't find an entry in /dev for it. I know the drive
6 > and the CD are working, because I installed my system using them. :-)
7 >
8 > My HDDs are on /dev/sda and /dev/sdb. When I stick a USB stick in, it
9 > it becomes /dev/sdc. However, my DVD drive is not /dev/sdc, it's not
10 > /dev/sdd.
11 >
12 > I've tried 'ls -lrt /dev', yet there's not entry there after boot time.
13 >
14 > Would somebody please help me to mount this CD.
15 >
16 > Thanks!
17 >
18 > --
19 > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
20
21 Probably it's /dev/sr0, but you can find out for sure by looking in
22 /dev.
25 /\ /\
26 <\ />
27 ^ caveat utilitor