From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Multilib ABI specific CPU use flags?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 07:59:21
1 On 11/10/20 05:42, Jonathan Yong wrote:
2 > Was it just the previous message? I canceled sending the message when I
3 > realized it wasn't signed. Google SMTP must have accepted it anyway.
4
5 You can't cancel a message. Once it's left your inbox, it's gone.
6
7 And Google won't/can't do anything (unless the recipient is gmail)
8 because just as it will have gone from your outbox, it will have gone
9 from their system before you've even realised "oh shit I didn't mean to
10 hit send".
11
12 You're effectively relying on the recipient's mail client to honour a
13 request to throw the previous message away, and many clients either
14 don't honour, or don't even recognise, such a request.
15
16 That's why a previous mail client of mine (Turnpike), by default,
17 wouldn't empty the outbox until the contents were at least a minute old.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol