From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 -> ~amd64
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:53:41
1 On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:18, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)
2 wrote:
3 > what is the easy way to upgrade to ~amd64 from amd64 ??
4
5 Change ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to "~amd64" in /etc/make.conf then
6
7 emerge -avuND world
8
9 Word of warning: I'm right in the middle of this exact step on
10 ~x86 as we speak. 500M of downloads is not out of line, and I'm
11 running into many missing libs as the process moves along. So
12 there's a lot of ^C with "emerge --resume --skipfirst" and
13 repeatedly emerging world till everything is done. Then an
14 emerge --depclean followed by revdep-rebuild to make sure
15 everything is consistent. None of this is unexpected, but I am
16 finding it annoying to have my wm freeze then refuse to restart
17 until a compile of three is done, then require ldconfig before
18 it works again.
19
20 If you use a terminal in X, it's a very good idea to run emerge
21 in a screen session. If you lose the terminal, screen keeps the
22 emerge going till you can reattach it when you get the terminal
23 back.
24
25 alan
26 --