From: Peter De Zutter <goanookie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing how secure a server is...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:07:41
1 Hi,
2 2 tools nmap and nessus for network/port scanning and others.
3 For hardering you could use bastille.
4 Of course all found in portage.
5 Peter
6
7 On 8/3/05, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
8 wrote:
9 >
10 > Hi there,
11 >
12 > I was wondering what tools should I use to detect security flaws to
13 > my server and a few tips on how to use them. What are the most common
14 > forms of attack and how do I avoid being attacked by one of them?
15 >
16 > The services avaliable are only Apache - SSL and SSH. I've
17 > installed an firewall, iptables and firestarter to control it, and
18 > blocked all ports except 443 and 8080, where the SSH is listening.
19 > Apache has PHP installed as a module.
20 >
21 > Thanks for the attention,
22 >
23 > Raphael.