From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/ruby and dev-ruby/xmlrpc-0.3.0[ruby_targets_ruby25] error
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:13:04
1 Howdy,
2
3 I did my usual sync and ran into a slight problem.  Given the minimal
4 output, I can't quite figure out if there is a way around this.
5 Sometimes I can emerge a few packages individually and get around this
6 sort of thing.  On this one tho, I just can't quite figure out how to
7 get around the problem.  Things I've tried so far.  Made sure nothing in
8 package.use is ruby related and made sure no packages in the list are in
9 there either.  I updated @system successfully and tried again, same
10 error.  I've tried unmasking next up packages with no change.  I
11 reversed that and tried to mask some packages, same thing or it
12 complains about the masked packages one.  I've tried to emerge the
13 packages listed individually, in different order even, with no change.
14 This is what I get.
18 root@fireball / # emerge -uvaDN world
19
20 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
21
22 Calculating dependencies... done!
23
24 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
25 ">=dev-ruby/xmlrpc-0.3.0[ruby_targets_ruby25]".
26 (dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.5.5::gentoo" [ebuild])
27 (dependency required by
28 "dev-ruby/rake-12.3.2::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby25]" [ebuild])
29 (dependency required by "media-video/mkvtoolnix-35.0.0::gentoo" [installed])
30 (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
31 (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
32 root@fireball / #
36 Since I have some default options in make.conf, this is the command from
37 emerge.log.
38
39 emerge --jobs=5 --update --backtrack=100 --keep-going --verbose --newuse
40 --oneshot --quiet-build=n --with-bdeps=y --unordered-display --ask
41 --deep world
42
43 The oddest part, it doesn't seem to even suggest a fix itself, adding
44 something to package.use, mask, keyword or something.  It just spits out
45 that tiny bit and ends.  I might add, I also thought I may have caught
46 the tree in a unstable state, caught some updates being applied part way
47 through, so I synced again several hours later with the same result.  I
48 also searched on the forum and BGO.
49
50 Anyone have a clue on this?
51