From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] git and apache
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 00:19:14
1 Hi,
2
3 does anyone know how to put a copy of a local repo onto a web server
4 (apache) so that the repo can be pulled via http?
5
6 The instructions I'm finding suggest to init a bare repo --- into which
7 I can't get the files because when I try to pull from the source repo, I
8 only get 'fatal: /usr/libexec/git-core/git-pull cannot be used without a
9 working tree.' or 'fatal: This operation must be run in a work tree'.
10
11 When I just clone the repo, trying to pull it via http makes apache look
12 for 'path/to/repo/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack HTTP/1.1'. Within
13 the repo, there is no directory 'info', and 'git update-server-info'
14 apparently does nothing, and the repo cannot be pulled.
18 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
19 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.