From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which -march flag to pick for Intel Core 2 Duo in make.conf?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:32:31
1 On 5/25/07, Andreas Claesson <andreas.claesson@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Since you (Denis) are doing a lot of mathematical calculations you
3 > will probably benefit from running in 64bit mode.
4
5 I often need to run Monte Carlo simulations (in C) which involve a lot
6 of array storage and array scanning/searching operations... I wonder
7 what the speed-up would be for those simulations if run under a 64-bit
8 mode. Are there any requirements on how the simulations should be
9 programmed in order to take advantage of the 64-bit arch, or is that
10 automatically done by the GCC compiler and the kernel?
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list