From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lxde +openbox updates
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:54:49
1 On 01/24/2014 10:46 PM, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Well, I took the plunge and put LXDE and openbox on a FX-8350
5 > with 32 gig of ram. KDE was just too much of a pig and I got
6 > tired of spending hours and hours of researching what had changes....ymmv.
7 >
8 > So I'm lov'n LXDE _ openbox, although I do have to go out and
9 > parse the scant documentation available. So I'll just post what
10 > I want. I set up my desktop manually, just the way I like it.
11 > I basically have 2 problems.
12 >
13 > 1. All of the software I install, only a few things are picked up
14 > by openbox into the menu and submenus. Is there a simple app
15 > I can add and run to pick up all of those apps into the openbox
16 > menu? What I have read seems confusing, as there are menu files
17 > all over the user and /etc/xdg dir structures? Advise?
21 I recommend x11-misc/obmenugen
22 but there are others like x11-misc/openbox-menu as well
26 > 2. In the ~/.config/lxsessions/LXDE/autostart file, I have:
27 >
28 > @lxpanel --profile LXDE
29 > @pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE
30 > @xscreensaver -no-splash
31 > seamonkey
32 > thunderbird
33 > @lxterminal
36 > I have 4 differnt lxterminal sessions, each with 6 windows. I do not
37 > see how this single line "lxtermial" can remember all 4 window locations
38 > and the 6 tabs under each window; so how do I config this so
39 > ti all comes up on logout/login or and reboots?
42 > James
47 You might want to have a look at x11-terms/terminator which lets you
48 configure complex terminal profiles.
49
50 also mind the <applications> settings in openbox rc.xml where you can
51 define how and where new windows are placed