From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re (DONE): kde4 upgrading
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:53:31
1 On 29 Oct 2009, at 14:59, James wrote:
2 > Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
5 >> I think that alternative methods of approaching system administration
6 >> are sure to bring their own problems and require an investment of
7 >> time
8 >> to implement, but I don't see how upgrading machines one by one is
9 >> sustainable. Honestly, it would be driving me crazy to be in your
10 >> position, and I think some other alternative might well show time and
11 >> hassle saved once it's up and running.
12 > ...
13 >
14 > Thanks for the unecessary tongue lashing.
15 > The systems rarely are at my location. I just cannot upgrade them
16 > at my decision, as they belong to others.
19 > Some of the machines I do not physically get for 6 months at a time.
20 > ...
21
22 I didn't intend to give you a tongue-lashing, and I'm sorry if I
23 offended you. I was just trying to help and suggest a better way.
24
25 Obviously, I didn't know that the machines are in diverse locations,
26 and obviously that makes a unified strategy impossible. I fear there's
27 very little you can do, except log in remotely and regularly,
28 allowing you to minimise update hassles and become familiar with
29 issues as they are current.
30
31 Stroller.