From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 segfaults
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:25:02
1 I have just emerged xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 and have been finding that it crashes
2 suddenly when I do certain things, such as click on the "advanced" burn
3 option tab in k3b. Is anyone else having this problem? Sometimes things I
4 do in konqueror cause it as well. I'm not sure exactly what, but they are
5 certainly things that I have been doing everyday for quite a long time.
6
7 I upgraded from v. 6.8.2-r4 because it caused problems such as buttons in some
8 windows applications appearing solid black in wine. It fixed these.
9
10 I had the same problem with the "advanced" tab in k3b when my system was in
11 transition between being built with gcc-3.3.5 and with gcc-3.4.4. I think I
12 had xorg built with 3.4.4 and k3b built with 3.3.5. However now both are
13 built with 3.4.4 (unless there is something I have missed).
14
15 Is there an even earlier version of xorg that would be stable AND render
16 widgets in wine properly?
17
18 Robert
19 --
20 Robert Persson
21
22 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
23 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list