From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: btrfs raid 5/6
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:30:29
Hi all,
	I need to expand two bcache fronted 4xdisk btrfs raid 10's - this
requires purchasing 4 drives (and one system does not have room for two
more drives) so I am trying to see if using raid 5 is an option

I have been trying to find if btrfs raid 5/6 is stable enough to use but
while there is mention of improvements in kernel 4.12, and fixes for the
write hole problem I cant see any reports that its "working fine now"
though there is a phoronix article saying Oracle is using it since the
fixes.

Is anyone here successfully using btrfs raid 5/6?  What is the status of
scrub and self healing?  The btrfs wiki is woefully out of date :(

BillK