From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: btrfs raid 5/6
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:30:29
1 Hi all,
2 I need to expand two bcache fronted 4xdisk btrfs raid 10's - this
3 requires purchasing 4 drives (and one system does not have room for two
4 more drives) so I am trying to see if using raid 5 is an option
5
6 I have been trying to find if btrfs raid 5/6 is stable enough to use but
7 while there is mention of improvements in kernel 4.12, and fixes for the
8 write hole problem I cant see any reports that its "working fine now"
9 though there is a phoronix article saying Oracle is using it since the
10 fixes.
11
12 Is anyone here successfully using btrfs raid 5/6? What is the status of
13 scrub and self healing? The btrfs wiki is woefully out of date :(
14
15 BillK