From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with X.org after kernel change
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:00:48
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > pat ha scritto:
3 >> b.n. wrote:
4 >>> pat ha scritto:
5 >>>> Can someone point me to a solution?
6 >>> what do the xorg logs and kernel logs say?
7 >>>
8 >>> m.
9 >> Problem is that when the GDM freezes, I havent change to get dmesg and where can
10 >> I get X.org log. Is there a way how to save them before next boot (excluding
11 >> boot from CD)?
12 >
13 > /var/log/messages saves all system messages from the beginning of times
14 > :) (or from when logrotate gzipped the last chunk), so you just have to
15 > see if /var/log/messages says something strange just before the actual boot.
16 >
17 > xorg should save the old logs as .old (if i remember correctly)
18 >
19 > m.
20
21 I went through the log files and all looks good to me :-(
22
23 Here are the logs:
24 - Xorg.log - X.org starts correctly
25 - Xorg.log.old - incorrect start
26 - messages - messages from the not working X.org
27
28 It looks for me that for some reason the X.org stop in the middle of the loading
29 process but why?
30
31 Thanks for the help.
32