From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my mobo incompatible with Linux?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:17:05
1 pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2
3 > On 2012-02-24 17:34, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. I have a Supermicro c7P67-o motherboard and I have another system
5 > > using windows with no problems. However, when I am trying to use the
6 > > board with gentoo -- various kernels -- including 3.2.6-gentoo -- I am
7 > > having lots of problems with USB. The board has two usb3 connectors and
8 > > most of the time when I plug a usb3 enclosure into one of those, I get
9 > > lots of errors such as
10 > > Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:04:00.0: Timeout while waiting
11 > > for address device command
12 > > Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 2,
13 > > error -62
14 >
15 > Hm... Just a "hunch" here since I don't know the exact details regarding
16 > your setup but you might experience something similar to what I had for
17 > a while before figuring out how to fix it... On my Asus Sabertooth 990FX
18 > motherboard I had similar problems with USB (don't remember the exact
19 > error messages but yours seems familiar). This was fixed by setting the
20 > IOMMU to OFF in BIOS (UEFI). Perhaps want to give it a try to see if it
21 > works for you? Of course you'll loose any benefit from IOMMU (if you are
22 > running VMs) but...
23 I don't have a UEFI BIOS -- at least the interface looks the same as a
24 normal one -- I wonder where would I find such a setting?
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici