From: enno+gentoo@××××××××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Don't start a new thread by changing the subject
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:41:51
1 Hi,
2
3 Am 25.06.2011 10:09, schrieb Marc Joliet:
4 > Am Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:12:26 -0700
5 > schrieb kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>:
6 >> Because you responded to an existing thread you are not creating a new
7 >> thread and thus and reducing the size of the audience that reads your
8 >> email. Specially I'd have responded to "open source monitoring on
9 >> gentoo", but since I deleted the Fortran thread in its boring entirety I
10 >> didn't even see it until I saw a response further down the chain today.
11 >> Whoever started Fbsplash did the same thing.
12 >
13 > For me, both of the threads you mention appear as their own threads (using
14 > claws-mail). So I checked the email sources and could not find any "References"
15 > headers in either of the thread parents. So, perhaps this is a bug in
16 > Thunderbird?
17 Fine here, too.
18 Using mail-client/thunderbird-3.1.10.
19
20 HTH,
21 Enno