From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with USE options.
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:35:46
2 >That's the way it's supposed to work, afaik. It does mean you have to
3 >buckle down and think about what you specifically want/need, but
4 >"customization" always requires that, whether it's because you're
5 >detailing your hotrod (I've clearly seen too much "American Chopper",
6 >"Pimp My Ride" and "Wheeler Dealers" this week, damn boyfriend, damn
7 >Discovery and MTV) or because you're fine-tuning Gentoo.
8 >
9 >HTH,
10 >Holly
15 Hi Holly,
16
17 I have not ignored your post just that there is a lot to say about it.
18 I had to go out of town, New Years day is the day my dad died and to be
19 honest, I'm not real big on anything at the moment. I have folding
20 running and that is about it. I'll reply after I take me a nap. I have
21 been up for about 30 hours, 12 of them driving in the freaking fog. :-(
22
23 Back in a while. Stay safe,
24
25 Dale
26 Zzzzzzzzzzzzz then maybe some more zzzzzzzzzzz. LOL
29 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
30
31 I have four rigs:
32
33 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives. Named Smoker
34 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive. Named Swifty
35 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive. Named Pokey
36 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive. Named Putput
37
38 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list