From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RAID1 + LVM2 booting screwed up. Help, please!
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:55:44
1 Hi, Gentoo.
2
3 My new(ish) amd64 system has two 1TB HDDs in a (software) RAID1, and
4 practically the entire system is under an LVM2.
5
6 I rather unwisely made this addition to the startup stuff:
7
8 ls -s /usr/bin/svscanboot /etc/init.d/
9 rc-update add svscanboot default
10
11 , and now the box hangs during boot up.
12
13 On the same box, I also have a "trial" installation which boots and I
14 still have the installation CD from about a year ago.
15
16 Would somebody please help me get into my system sufficiently to correct
17 my mistake on the boot scripts. Pointing me in the direction of a fine
18 manual section would be regarded as help.
19
20 I feel Dale's reservations in a most painful fashion.
21
22 Thanks in advance for the help.
25 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).