From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nepomuk gone, baloo enters
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:08:46
1 On Friday 21 August 2015 10:06:15 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > In fact, I can only suppose there's something related to changing from
5 > nepomuk to baloo:
6 >
7 > Now, every time I log in, a window pops up asking for root password. The
8 > window title is "PolicyKit - KDE" and pressing the button "Details", it
9 > shows:
10 >
11 > Action: Folder Watch Limit
12 > polkit.subject-pid: 5254
13 > polkit.caller-pid: 6699
14 >
15 > Looking for those PIDs:
16 >
17 > ~ $ ps -A | grep 5254
18 > 5254 ? 00:00:07 baloo_file
19 >
20 > and PID 6699 doesn't show up any more, probably the process has already
21 > ended.
22 >
23 > Did I miss something? How do I set up Baloo? Looking on the net, I only
24 > found how to set up a file ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc (that was
25 > nonexistent, which seemed strange), is there something else regarding the
26 > database it might be willing to use?
27
28 I may have missed something here, but I'm puzzled. Without running an
29 exhaustive search, the only \*baloo\* or \*nepomuk\* files I see on this box
30 are these:
31
32 $ find . -name \*baloo\*
33 ./.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_baloo_indexer
34 ./.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_baloo_indexer_changes.dat
35 ./.local/share/baloo
36 ./.kde4/share/config/baloorc
37 ./.kde4/share/config/baloofilerc
38
39 ...and this:
40
41 $ cat /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.kde.baloo.filewatch.conf
42 <!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC
43 "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
44 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
45 <busconfig>
46
47 <!-- Only user root can own the foo helper -->
48 <policy user="root">
49 <allow own="org.kde.baloo.filewatch"/>
50 </policy>
51
52 </busconfig>
53
54 No sign of a filewatch-inotify anywhere, and the only file in /etc/sysctl.d is a
55 readme. This is an openrc box, not systemd; maybe that's the difference.
56
57 I've just removed -semantic-desktop from make.conf and only dolphin and
58 gwenview were reinstalled. I'm writing this in KMail.
59
60 So where have those files come from on your system? Have you run equery b on
61 them?
64 Rgds
65 Peter