From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost nameserver
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:20:20
1 On Friday 09 March 2007 17:47, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:30:51 +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
3 > > There is a text line saying that the file was "created by the net
4 > > scripts" so I guess resolv.conf gets re-created at each boot, but I
5 > > don't find in which "net script" I should pour the nameserver
6 > > information so that it gets into resolv.conf each time.
7 >
8 > /etc/conf.d/net
9 >
10 > Set dns_servers_eth0 (or whatever is correct for your network interface).
11 >
12 > It looks like the system is currently trying to set them by DHCP but your
13 > DHCP server is not giving out DNS information.
14
15 Thanks, I'll try that.
16
17 As a matter of fact my DHCP server can't give out DNS information as I have no
18 DHCP server and use fixes IPs :)
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list