From: Jon Hardcastle <jd_hardcastle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-Sources/Vanilla-Sources/Video 4 Linux
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:28:14
1 Hi, i have spent the weekend trying to get my new Hauppage USB tv stick to work under linux.
2
3 I have been constantly perplexed by references to compilable kernel modules I couldn't see! I assumed it was because they referred to old modules or something.
4
5 But having downloaded and booted into Knoppix and run make menuconfig on that i have confirmed that kernel seems to have 10's of TV card chipset drivers availible to compile whereas gentoo-sources/vanilla-sources emerged on my machine have maybe 2 or 3.
6
7 Can someone offer me some assistance as to why this might be?
8
9 Thank you
10
11 (This is my first mailing list post - please be gentle!)
12
14 N: Jon Hardcastle
15 E: Jon@×××××××××××.com
16 'The writing is on the wall...'