From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM (Was: the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?))
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:19:29
1 On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:17:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Just because something works for most people, doesn't mean it will for
4 > everyone either. If you lose data, it doesn't matter. LVM just adds
5 > one more layer of something to go wrong. Me, I don't need the extra
6 > risk of having a system that doesn't boot and a loss of data. I'm sure
7 > there are a lot of people that see it the way I do too. They just
8 > don't need the extra risk.
9
10 On the other hand, the OP needed a feature that LVM provides very well.
11 If you don't need anything a product, be it software or a new fridge,
12 provides, why bother with it? But that's not the case here.
13
14 See "random" sig for further comment :-O
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Good Enough" is the death knell of progress.