From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix shows keyworded packages on home PC, but not on server
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:22:35
1 On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I mean to say that the profile sets the *global* USE settings. If you
3 > were to compare "euse -i" between the two machines, you would see that
4 > some flags are "+D" and some are "+C", for instance. The ones that are
5 > set by the profile are "+D". If you peruse the portage/profiles you'll
6 > see that the make.defaults files are setting different USE values. Not
7 > to mention that you are on different architectures between the two, so
8 > some packages will be masked and some not depending upon the
9 > architecture. It's not a matter of how eix was built, it's a matter of
10 > the configuration of the host.
11 >
12 > Is that what you were trying to resolve? Or do I not understand your
13 > question? Can you put a package mask in just *any* file below
14 > package.keywords/ and as long as it matches it will be valid?
15
16 I'm sorry, I think I wasn't very good at describing the problem.
17
18 Let's say there is a package foo. Foo is keyworded, so if I try
19 building it on either machine, portage complains saying it's masked.
20
21 Now I unkeyword foo on both machines by adding it to
22 /etc/portage/package.keywords/foo.keywords. When I run emerge on both
23 machines portage will no longer complain and will build the keyworded
24 package as intended. All's well.
25
26 However, on one machine, eix reports that I have unkeyworded the
27 package foo by printing parens around the keyword marker ~. On the
28 other machine, eix does not report it. That is, the package is being
29 effectively unmasked for emerge, but eix is not reporting the
30 unmasking to me. So that's why I think it's either an eix
31 configuration issue, or when you mentioned profile, checked the eix
32 use flags. So my question was "what could I be missing in eix?" but if
33 I'm wrong and it's not an eix thing then I'll happily take any
34 suggestions.