From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:05:48
1 On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:12:23AM -0300, Fernando Canizo wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > I'm having trouble with my encoding using mutt + vim + utf-8,
5 > basically mi emails are sent with wrong encoding when *replying*. I've
6 > tracked the problem, searched, readed FAQs and i found that maybe my
7 > problem is this: that while mutt is linked to libncursesw (wide
8 > library) vim is to libncurses (normal), this is the output of ldd:
9
10 It won't matter for vim. vim is a termcap application, and is doing the
11 interpretation of locales by itself. The distinction between ncurses and
12 ncursesw only applies to curses applications. (ncurses provides low-level
13 interfaces for termcap and terminfo applications).
16 Thomas E. Dickey
17 http://invisible-island.net
18 ftp://invisible-island.net