From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The X11-trap: Once back on textconsole...and no one comes back ever...
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 23:43:21
1 On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:35:06AM -0500, Gregory Woodbury wrote:
2 > I ran into this one (1) time just after switching to the 4.4.0 kernel.
3 > I have an Intel HD4400 Integrated graphics card on an Asus Z87 MBoard.
4 > (Intel i915 driver)
5
6 I, too, started experiencing graphics problems with 4.4.0 on my Netbook with
7 a Sandy Bridge Celeron. It happened a few times after suspend to ram or even after
8 switching to a TTY and back to X.
9
10 X thus became very laggy or even unresponsive. I remember one evening on
11 which I had to reboot several times within an hour. On my Haswell PC I
12 occasionally get glitches in my window decorator (Crystal on KDE4).
13
14 Oooh.. there's a 4.4.1 patch available, I'll give it a spin. Because I
15 sometimes experienced strange system behavior, I made it a habit of always
16 running make clean before building a kernel, even on a patch-level upgrade.
17
18 > To escape, I used another device to log into the machine
19 > (ServerAuditor on my Android phone via wireless)
20 > and did a shutdown.
21
22 Reboot worked (via SSH or maybe three-finger-salute, can't remember
23 exactly), but very slowly.
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
27 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
28
29 Corners are funny -- if you cut off one, another one appears!