From: vikram ranade <ranade.vikram@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2005.1 Universal CD install
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:13:08
1 > Which is the main reason.... I hate to bring it up, since you're already
2 > in the middle of the compile, but you probably should know.... which is
3 > one of the reasons that I never 'emerge gnome' but always 'emerge
4 > gnome-light' instead. But maybe you need Mozilla and Epiphany and
5 > Evolution and Evolution Data Server and Sound (bloody) Juicer, in which
6 > case, you must suffer the bloated time-consuming compile.
9 Oh well cant help it now.....Since this is a first Gentoo experience for
10 me...might
11 as well get all of gnome installed and then mess with the system a
12 little....can always do it all over again
13 (via the sensible route)........there is no way im kidding my self that this
14 install is going to last...
15 since this is not a production machine....more like my sandbox to try stuff
16 out...
19 I have an Athlon XP 2200+ and 512MB ram, so not really a super-charged
20 > setup, though
21 > naturally much faster than some of the PIIs and PIIIs I know exist
22 > around here--
25 HaH!...Im doomed to suffer in that case..Mine is a PIII-750 with 256 MB
26 RAM:-)
27 Thanks anyhow,
28
29 Dying to post "success with Gentoo GUI!"....
30
31 Regards,
32 Vikram