From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] codec drivers problem.
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:55:03
1 David Harel wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Installing video facilities such as mplayer or kaffeine resulted in some
5 > video formats such as .wmv not working.
6 > I unmerged all video players and libraries and then carefully emerged
7 > them back again. First the libraries and then the players as adviced,
8 > among other places, in:
9 > http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html#id2823088
10 >
11 > Eventually, I manually installed codec and then mplayer to make it work.
12 > Should I report this as a bug?
13
14 What are your use flags? Did the codec get installed during the emerge
15 or was it 'skipped'?
18 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
19 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
20 --
21 2.6.12-gentoo-r10-djnauk-b2 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
22 up 21:27, 4 users, load average: 0.47, 0.78, 0.68
23 --
24 "You saw him! He's the best, I've had the best!"
25
26 ~ Nathan Maloney, Queer As Folk, UK
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list