From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kppp and two different accounts
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:11:13
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 >On Saturday 21 January 2006 06:29, Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 >>On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 04:56:07 -0600, Dale wrote:
9 >>>>While trying that, clear /var/tmp too.
10 >>>>
11 >>>>
12 >>>Just do a rm -rf /var/tmp/* ???? There is a kde-root, kde-dale,
13 >>>kde-dale2 and kde-test folder in there.
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>As long as none of these users are logged into KDE at the time, it
17 >>should be fine.
22 >I deleted those files, same thing. It still sends the wrong ligin/password.
23 >
24 >Me so confused. It doesn't even connect when I am booted from the CD. Could
25 >this be in my modem somehow? It's about the only thing left for goodness
26 >sake. I have another modem. I may try it. See what it does.
27 >
28 >Dale
29 >:-)
30 >
31 >Let's see if I can send email this time. LOL
36 OK. I hooked up another modem, which is the worst serial modem I have
37 ever used, and it still sent the wrong Login/password. I downloaded a
38 new stage thing last night, I mean all noght long too, and I'm going to
39 start a new install. Once I get to where I can boot and use ppp's pon,
40 I'm going to try it then and see what the modem does.
41
42 Anybody ever had one of these Diamond SupraExpress 56e Pro serial modems
43 before? This thing acts like it has never been programed before. It
44 wants to connect at 115,000K instead of the usuall 24K, 26.4K or 28.8K.
45 What is up with that? I tried to get to it in a miniterm that is built
46 into Kppp but it won't save the config. It says it is takeing it but it
47 is not.
48
49 I may order a new modem like my old ActionTech. It worked until
50 lighting hit it.
51
52 Dale
53 :-)
54
55 Let's see if I can send email in Mozilla this time.
58 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
59
60 I have four rigs:
61
62 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives. Named Smoker
63 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive. Named Swifty
64 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive. Named Pokey
65 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive. Named Putput
66
67 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
70 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list