From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File replication
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:23:29
1 On 8/25/06, Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I'm prepared using an USB enclosure for data stroage.
5 >
6 > I'm searching a tool/method whenever I save a file on /home/user a
7 > duplicate copy will be saved automatically on
8 > /mnt/point/of/usb_enclosure/home/user simultaneously, similar to
9 > replication/mirroring. Thus the USB enclosure can be used as a mobile
10 > storage device and can be plugged in on any Linux PC.
11
12 My first thought for this kind of setup would be a little Perl magic
13 with inotify... not sure if something already exists like this.
14
15 http://www.edoceo.com/creo/inotify/perl-inotify.php
16
17 -Mike
21 Michael E. Crute
22 http://mike.crute.org
23
24 I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
25 up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list