From: Alexander Pilipovsky <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost free space on /
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:32:06
1 Paul Hartman написав(ла):
2 > On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Alexander
3 > Pilipovsky<alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> 2009/6/10 Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
6 >>
7 >>> Alexander Pilipovsky schrieb:
8 >>> ....
9 >>>
10 >>> You have something big in /var. Check /var/tmp/portage or /var/log.
11 >>>
12 >>> Alos test sys-fs/ncdu or similar tools.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >> Thanks, it's was /var/log/messages that had 11 GB and was not opened by any
16 >> editor.
19 > I had a similar problem, 100% cpu usage caused by a daemon that did
20 > not respond well when network connection was lost. My
21 > /var/log/messages grew over 60GB in a few hours with the same message
22 > repeated tens of millions of times. I changed my logger from syslog-ng
23 > to metalog, which suppresses duplicates, and now it's not a problem.
24 >
25 Thanks, I'm going to install metalog :)
28 Alexander Pilipovsky aka Engraver