From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: bbgallery and template files
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:20:32
1 Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 I had searched portage before posting about gimp-perl. It's not in
4 my portage tree which is somewhat out of date. That led me to think
5 it was not available via the normal gentoo channel hence my attempts
6 to use cpan to install it.
7
8 > emerge gimp-perl
9
10 How can I get that package without a full on update of portage which I
11 don't want to do right now?
12
13 > On the templates, I think the missing "default" template is an
14 > installation error.
15 > I looked thru the perl script and did not see any special handling for
16 > "default".
17 > The $P{template} is just initialized to 'default'. On
18 > http://bbgallery.sourceforge.net/templates.html, only two templates are
19 > mentioned, monochrome and oldstyle. Then some instruction on how to modify
20 > the templates. My guess is the author intends for you to link
21 > /usr/lib/bbgallery/template/default to your preferred template. Example:
22 >
23 > ln -s /usr/lib/bbgallery/template/default
24 > /usr/lib/bbgallery/template/monochrome
25 >
26 > In summary the ebuild is probably missing the gimp-perl dependency
27 > and performing the default template link.
28
29 No such links appear after `emerge -v bbgallery' so I guess not.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list