From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:55:42
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2011-07-28 12:00 PM, Mick<michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thursday 28 Jul 2011 16:45:54 Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Mick<michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> All sounds good, except that libreoffice requires acres of space to
9 >>>> emerge and on at least two machines I'll have to move to binary.
10 >>>>
11 >
12 >>> Is it much worse than OpenOffice? Build times are nearly identical on
13 >>> my system but I haven't paid attention to temp space needed during the
14 >>> emerge process.
15 >>>
16 >
17 >> By about +3G may be more!
18 >>
19 > I think this is not so with the new 3.4.x versions...
24 This is so far.
25
26 root@fireball / # du -shc /var/tmp/portage/app-office/
27 2.6G /var/tmp/portage/app-office/
28 2.6G total
29 root@fireball /
30
31 It's not done yet either. My /var is at 94% so I am moving some
32 http-rep* stuff out of the way. One of these days, I'm just going to
33 mount it on tmpfs and let it rip. lol
34
35 Dale
36