From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache forked itself to death...
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 06:57:18
1 Hi,
2 strange thing happened to my web-server (apache-2.2.22-r1):
3 it started forking untill it used all ram/swap and stopped
4 responding. I counted ~60 apache processes running (ps -a),
5 all sleeping, top showed no load except all memory being used.
6 Log-files showed nothing suspicious to me, except for a few
7 "GET / HTTP/1.1 200 40" messages at the time when apache
8 was already unable to send reply.
9
10 Apparently my apache is not correctly configured when it
11 "forked to death", but maybe someone can help me. I have
12 about 1GB memory for apache. What should I change in my
13 config so that apache never runs out of memory?
14
15 server-info:
16 Timeouts: connection: 60 keep-alive: 15
17 MPM Name: Prefork
18 MPM Information: Max Daemons: 150 Threaded: no Forked: yes
19 Module Name: prefork.c
20 31: StartServers 5
21 32: MinSpareServers 5
22 33: MaxSpareServers 10
23 34: MaxClients 150
24
25 Jarry
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.