From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reconciling users and services
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:48:33
1 On Samstag 17 Januar 2009, Grant wrote:
2 > I have some users on a system and some services. How can I make sure
3 > only certain users can log into certain services? Do I need to
4 > explicitly define which users can log into each service? Are there
5 > different types of users so that some can only log into certain
6 > services?
7 >
8 > For example, I know any user that has their shell set to /bin/nologin
9 > can't log into a shell. How can I check on users' shell settings?
10
11 /etc/passwd?