From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Complete list of USE flags?
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 21:53:46
1 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 > Anyone knows an exhaustive list of USE flags?
6
7 Something I find useful on occasion when looking at and dealing with
8 USE flags is a funky old tool on portage called 'ufed'.
9
10 You type 'ufed' at a command line and get an ncurses sort of window.
11 You don't need to be in X.
12
13 The application lists many flags and a description of their purpose
14 (in alphabetical order).
15
16 You can just start typing the name of any USE flag... and find it
17 right quick, along with a somewhat detailed purpose explanation.
18
19 You can globally set flags... and maybe set them in other ways.... I
20 never use that part.... but find it really handy to find out what a
21 flag is supposed to do.